Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day Thirty-Six.

  • Met at the Campus Center and made a brief list of people who wanted to shoot their movies (was a short list because it was a gray day and most people wanted sunny days for shooting). We walked to the different locations and people shot. We got out of "class" early.
  • Went to the travel agency after class to book train tickets to and from Milan for our Lamezia Terme (southern Italy) trip next weekend. Looks like it will be lots of time waiting in train stations. Kiki and Kate claim they will sleep. I doubt I'll be able to, especially since someone needs to watch our stuff. It'll be a LONG weekend. But hopefully worth it. It should be in the 70s. Yum.
  • Stopped by Vin to buy an apple tart and try their blood orange juice. It was 3 euro and, while it was pretty good (also pretty sour), it wasn't really worth the price in my opinion. Kate got a cappuccino and we sat down to eat/drink. Kate and Kiki decided to walk around before lunch but I went back to the room.
  • It started to rain...
  • Delicious pasta with onions and prosciutto for lunch.
  • More rain.
  • Tried to take a nap and failed. Got dressed to go to the gym after class.
  • Italian class had another exercise and while I could easily do the exercise, I still have trouble identifying the part of speech that each "that" is acting as. We have a test tomorrow. Not sure how confident I am. I need to take my time and go sloooooowly. That's my key. There are so many small details to pay attention to in Italian. It's obnoxious.
  • Found out I got a B on my Cinema test....damnit. I really want an A in this class. Might ask the professor if I can do something to boost my grade.
  • Went to the gym and walked/ran for 45 minutes and looked utterly grotesque afterward. Walked back to the apartment with Kiki.
  • Changed out of hot and sweaty clothing and took a shower. Tried to take another nap and failed again. I just keep not being able to fall asleep due to noises or people talking to me.
  • Went to have aperitifs at Vin around 7:30 and meet Dan's friend Martin (British) and his girlfriend Laura (also British? I didn't end up talking to them much). You order a drink (I think it has to be alcohol so I got a glass of white wine and drank about 60% of it before giving it to Paul to finish) and get all you can eat appetizers. Great deal and so yummy!
  • Had dinner reservations at Vin for 8:00 for 11 people (Dan and Nick's Erica plus the main 9). Heather, who is a nanny from the States working here in Alba and takes Italian class with us, coincidentally was at Vin when we were having aperitifs so she joined us for dinner. Spaghetti al ragu was good--hadn't had it at Vin before.
  • Walked home with Erin and Kiki--the rest went to McCloud's for more drinks.
  • Played Monopoly online and lost miserably.
Tomorrow is an architecture lecture with a local architect and then the Italian test. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment