Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day Thirty-Five.

  • It was an absolutely beautiful day--50s and sunny. Didn't have to wear socks or my coat until dinner time.
  • Cinema class was different today as we start the second portion of the class in which we will one-minute movies in the style of the Lumiere Brothers. We'll take a one-minute shot somewhere in Alba (preferably with a lot of action) with the camera fixed in one position. It's supposed to be a snapshot of reality that also captures part of Alba's "feel." Not sure where or what I want to shoot yet but we'll discuss tomorrow and start shooting some people's movies.
  • Caprese salad at lunch--yum!
  • In Italian class we did an exercise to clarify the three different uses of "that" that we learned yesterday. I think it helped.
  • Went to another grocery store to find what I was looking for yesterday and checked out a new gelato place afterward. Lisa (the lady I met here through family connections) said it was the best gelato in town. It certainly was good and there was a HUGE selection (two whole cases' worth where one case is the norm) and it was well priced. Kind of out of the way, though.
  • Opened all the windows and read in my bed with the wind blowing in my hair.
  • Watched last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory.
  • Got an email from an internship confirming my application (including the two recommendation letters requested) had been received.
  • GOT MY PACKAGE FROM HOME! Mom sent me my gym shoes and some clothes so I can start going to the gym after Italian class! I start tomorrow.
  • Dinner at Duchessa with the girls (minus Kate who was at volleyball) and Erica--fresh meat, yay! She seems pretty cool. Marketing major from Northeastern so we have some things in common.
  • Shaved my legs for the gym tomorrow--smooth legs are totally noteworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment