Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day Thirty-Seven.

  • Architecture lecture was surprising. I thought it would be about columns and buildings and such but turned out to be about historic Barolo wine cellars. Barolo wine is a very famous type of wine that only grows around here. I don't really know why the architecture of cellars is important but she talked about it for an hour and then we got to go. Monday we're going to go tour two wine cellars so that will be fun.
  • Kate and I went to Akash for lunch instead of the Mensa and got to simultaneously cash in a voucher and have something that wasn't a huge meal from the Mensa. Then I got an apple tart from Vin to cash in another voucher.
  • Napped from 12-1:15 and then studied for my Italian test. Ugh.
  • Took Italian test and did ok. Maybe worse than last time? I really hate my teacher.
  • Went on a mission to tape some videos for the Cinema class (video is due Tuesday). I had stumbled across some chickens and other assorted birds earlier in my stay here in Alba and I went back to tape them. They were on the other side of a river, though, so I climbed the muddy slope to a railroad track bridge, went across the river, and then thought about climbing back down the slope to get close enough to the chickens for a good video when they spotted me and my red coat and started screaming. Then dogs started barking from inside the house and I decided I didn't want angry Italians yelling about trespassing in a foreign language so I went back across the bridge, down the muddy slope, and went to film elsewhere.
  • We to Via Maestra and ended up filming people walking down the street from a bench that hit at about thigh-level on most people. Kind of a cool angle. Ish.
  • Got gelato! Crema is my new favorite flavor.
  • Walked back toward the apartment and decided to go into the saltwater fish store across the main road from out apartment and try to film. I even asked the guy working inside the store if it was ok if I filmed! Took two videos, using various buckets lying about to create a tripod. I had to hold the camera on top of my Italian dictionary for one of the shots (my favorite, incidentally) and it turned out kind of shaky...I was bummed but I'll ask my professor and see what he thinks.
  • Went back to the room and read and talked to people online and wrote emails.
  • Went to Duchessa with everyone except Jordan (had been feeling bad all day and didn't go to classes OR the test) and had yummy pizza. Had pineapple, too. Guess that is no longer notable since I do it all the time.
Tomorrow we have a field trip to Torino again. This time we're going to the Cinema Museum for our Cinema class. Not sure what that museum entails and how it might differ from the TV and Radio Museum but I'll see. It might rain and it will probably be colder than it has been lately but it will still be nice to do something different and go back to Torino again.

No comments:

Post a Comment