Monday, March 29, 2010

Bologna Part Two.

Day Sixty-Two:
  • Woke up late and "hatched-out" as we say in the Williams household.
  • Showered, ate breakfast and sat around the apartment reading, using the computer and listening to music. It was nice to relax.
  • Around 2ish we made lunch of caprese salad and radicchio ravioli.
  • Then we headed out to check out a couple of museum-ish sites we didn't hit Saturday.
  • Saw two illustration exhibits, one with a variety of European illustrators and one exhibit focusing on a specific artist though I forget his name. His prints were ridiculously detailed and cool.
  • Walked through town to the park on the outskirts.
  • On the way we got gelato from the "best" place in town. It was actually a cremeria rather than a gelateria. It wasn't my favorite but it was good. Very unusual flavors.
  • The park was huge and busy with people laying in the grass, playing soccer or walking their dogs. It was really nice to be a part of that. I would totally spend all my sunny days there if I lived in Bologna.
  • Walked back through town and decided to go have an early dinner at a place recommended by one of Kirby's friends. It was called Donatello's and was delicious. Pictures of stars and famous people all over the walls but it was a nice place so it was done in a classy way. I had a pasta I forget the name of but it was sort of squiggly in shape and the sauce was sausage in a creamy sauce. Yum.
  • Then we came back to the apartment and we're taking it easy since I have to get up early tomorrow to catch a taxi to the airport for my flight at 6:30am.
I have really enjoyed Bologna--probably my favorite Italian city so far. It is a very easy city. It just feels easy to live there, get around and enjoy yourself. And it isn't touristy but is still just as beautiful as other Italian cities. I like the vibe the people have--trendy and young rather than very formal and older like in Alba. I'd definitely come back and even consider living here if Kirby didn't think that would mean I was stalking him!

Pictures can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=161849&id=504487681&l=f6315d8af6

No comments:

Post a Comment