Friday, March 26, 2010

Day Fifty-Nine.

  • Overcast day in Alba which turned sunny in the afternoon.
  • Woke up at 9.
  • Gym.
  • Shower.
  • Laundry.
  • Lunch at 12:45 with Dan.
  • Campus Center to print something out.
  • Gelato run and turned in a voucher at Akash and got a small pizza to bring on the train for dinner.
  • Did some browsing in some shops. Found a store with some cute wallets for cheap.
  • Packed.
  • Locked down the apartment, took out the trash and headed towards the train station.
  • Realized I forgot my Spring Break Schedule in my other pair of jeans and walked back to the apartment and then quickly walked to the train station.
  • Realized at the train station that I forgot my brush.
  • Got on the train for Asti.
  • Realized I forgot my computer charger. UGH. I brought it because the scheduling period for classes for next semester is this week and I need to be able to schedule. Luckily Kirby has a charger that I can use until I leave. Yay! But still...I had it right on the desk ready to pack!
  • Changed trains in Asti and read on the way to Bologna (brought The Road with me and I'm already halfway through--eek!)
  • Found Kirby at the train station and we walked through the center of town to his place. It was hard to talk and absorb Bologna at the same time (plus it was dark) so I didn't really get a good impression of Bologna except that the buildings are huge.
  • Got to Kirby's super cute apartment and put down my bags. He gave me the tour, hooked me up with the computer charger and we went out to try to find a little something to eat. We were set on sushi but it was a little late (12!) so we ended up with gelato instead (Oops! Twice in one day!)
  • Headed back to his place and we sat around talking about plans for tomorrow and about Italy and its ridiculously corrupt government and traveling and other stuff. He's a lot of fun and very easy to talk to. We already get along terrifically.
  • We realized it was 2 and headed off to bed but I stayed up to write this!
  • Bed.
Tomorrow:
  • Waking up whenever.
  • Breakfast.
  • Heading out on the town with an aim to try and catch the market (there are two) that deals with more antique-y cool stuff.
  • Art museum, potentially.
  • Other stuff unbeknownst to me.
  • Dinner, hopefully sushi?! Kirby also wants to make sure I try the tortellini here which is served in a broth rather than a sauce. It's a Bolognese specialty.
  • Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment