Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fay Twenty-Two.

Well so it turns out that the absinthe night didn't really turn into much.

Everyone except Laura and Nick made it to class and we watched a movie (La Gattopardo) which was way too long (3.5 hours!). They met us for lunch at the Mensa and then I got to hear all the stories.

When I was there everyone was annoyingly loud--too loud. Americans are much louder than Italians so I felt pretty embarrassed at the bar. When I left there was more loudness as well as a lot of spilling of drinks and food (they sell food at the bar) and, eventually, someone threw up out front of the bar. So...yeah. Pretty ashamed of us. Other than those little stories, I've gathered that Greg went up to the boys' apartment before everyone else and accidentally deadbolted the door and then, when everyone needed to come in and get their stuff, couldn't figure out how to open the door. So that required much yelling through the door and in the hall outside. Apparently, once Greg got the door open, Paul was raging mad about having to stand in the hall for half and hour and sort of started strangling Greg though Paul debates this. Greg was really scared Paul was going to kill him and holed up in his room crying...not a good moment. Anyway, this is what I know about last night.

After lunch I went to Akash and Vin and got small pastries to cash in vouchers. I got a lemon cake at Akash that I'll probably let someone else eat and I got an apple tart that I quickly ate. Mmm. Had some sort of custard underneath the apple slices and the pastry dough was SO fluffy.

Italian class was short and sweet--we had another exercise to prepare us for our test tomorrow and I got all but three correct! I was pretty proud. I'm still going to study a bit for the test, though.

After class we went home and I read my book while people went to the gym and Skyped and such. Dinner was at 8 at Akash. Like I've said before, I don't really like Akash. The food is only ok, the service is always grumpy and it always takes forever to get our food. But everyone else likes it so I don't fight it. I got a chicken burger with cheese. They're served on pita bread and they're actually pretty good compared to the rest of Akash's food. I got pineapple for dessert again. I love the pineapple for dessert idea--guilt-free dessert!

Then we went home (it was raining out) and watched a movie online and talked to people and generally hung out. The weather has been pretty crappy so we can't be outside much and other than shopping there isn't much to do. But this weekend we have Genoa so that's so exciting! Also, I'm pretty sure we've moved our Morocco trip to the last weekend in April because there's a speaker coming to talk to us on the Thursday we were going to leave on next week. So yeah. Update there.

Tomorrow we don't have a seminar in the morning so we get to sleep in (yay!) and all we have to do is the Italian quiz. No other plans have been made for other things during the day so I have no idea what we'll do! Hopefully the weather will be better.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment