Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day Thirty.

Got to sleep in this morning until 7:45--woo! We met at the Campus Center at 9:25 and walked to the photographer's studio which, it turns out, I had walked by and looked in a couple of times before. It was exactly as I thought it'd be--we all sat around one computer while he told one student what to do to "fix" their picture. We didn't get to everyone and since I couldn't see anything and those who weren't at the computer "fixing" their picture weren't even included, I was really bored. I also didn't like what the guy was doing. He had us take these pictures and then HE chose which ones we should use in Photoshop and then HE told us what to do to them to make them "better." Apparently making them "better" means completely changing them--yellow houses with blue shutters turned into green houses with red shutters...Skies turned black instead of blue. It really bugged me. We were supposed to be capturing Italy, reality. Not some imaginary "better" image... And, to top that off, it wasn't OUR creativity that was producing these images, just our clicks of the mouse. Anyway, we're supposed to go back Saturday (those of us who didn't get to go today) but I don't think I'm going. It's early in the morning and I really don't think I will add anything but my grumbly opinion to the exercise.

Anyway, after the studio visit everyone went to lunch but I decided to go back to the apartment and have a sandwich and a pear. I wanted to eat light and my foot was hurting so I didn't want to do any extra walking. I started a new book instead. It's about horse racing.

Italian was pretty short. I got a B on my test! Yes! Then Dino decided to do a grammar review since only 2/3s of the class was there. I have to admit that I didn't really pay attention but he went through the different moods of sentences and then we focused on the indicative mood since it's the most useful and complex, going through each tense and explaining the differences. I love this stuff but he really turns me off it. He does NOT make things clear. It's in the way he approaches his explanation. There's no order to it. He goes off on tangents and includes things that aren't applicable to the precise thing he's trying to explain. It really makes it hard for me to follow him so I just don't.

After Italian there was a lot of hanging around the apartment. My foot is still hurting so, even though it was a nice day, I didn't think it was a good idea to go out. I read a little and watched Veronica Mars. Went to Duchessa to get pizza to go for dinner. Yum.

Tomorrow we have no class. No clue what we're doing. Jordan decided not to go to Prague or Paris and Kiki and Kate want to save money so I won't be alone this weekend. Kate wants to go hiking in the hills around Alba and I'd love to go but not only do I not have the right shoes for that but, and I know this is getting old, I should rest my foot. Lots of walking to do next week--trip to Torino next Friday. So yeah. No idea what will happen this weekend. Looks like rain tomorrow, actually. Just checked the weather. Warm, though, so yay!

Hope you all are getting closer to Spring, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment