Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day Nineteen.

This morning I got up to a snowy scene outside my window. Big white flakes. Not much sticking to the roads but the sidewalks were a bit snowy. I went out for lunch and there were Valentine's Day couples walking together, huddled under umbrellas to shield against the snow. They sort of seemed fantastical, floating ethereally through the snow, their shoes wetly clacking against the cobblestones. I bet it was romantic.

I went to Vin for lunch and bought some sandwiches and then used the change to go to two bakeries and buy cookies for myself. The cookies from one place where big and heavy and not miraculous. The small, thin cookies from the second place were very good but left me wanting more. They're the only pinole's I've found in Alba!

At 1 I made plans with Joanna to meet in Trapani, Sicily on the 31st of March and stay until the 4th of April. She successfully bought her tickets and I've only been able to book one. We're buying from RyanAir and I'm having troubles getting them to accept my card on the second leg for some reason. I may have to call them but it's going to be ridiculously expensive and in Italian so I don't know what I'm going to do.

We went to dinner early because we hadn't made reservations and we were scared everything would be booked. We got to La Duchessa around 6:30 and had pizza (yum) and shared pineapple as an appetizer. After dinner we went to YoYogurt and got frozen yogurt. Here it's literally yogurt they freeze. It had the yogurt taste and everything and you can get sauces to put on it. Next time I'm trying the dark chocolate sauce on top.

Then we headed back to the apartment to watch a chick flick together. We ended up watching How to Lose Friends and Alienate People which is a funny British movie with Sean from Sean of the Dead in it. I love the title of the movie--hilarious and offputting, just like the character in the movie.

Now I must go to bed. Tomorrow we have an early day, meeting at the boys' apartment at 8:30 to walk to the Ferrera Roche conference hall where we'll have a lecture. Everyone else claims it won't be a lecture having anything to do with the factory but I feel like Dan said it was a lecture about the factory. Oh well--we'll see. Nothing else spectacular planned. Most things are closed Monday.

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. I love you--you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment