Friday, February 19, 2010

Day Twenty-Four.

Well today was very rainy so I was hesitant to do as much shopping as I claimed I would. Luckily, though, it cleared up after lunch.

I stayed up late last night (too late) so I slept in this morning and didn't get to the Chinese market until after lunch. I went around 3 and headed straight there. It looked sort of like a dollar store except things were not a dollar. Some things were but they also had prom dresses for 60 euro. It was weird. Lots of cheap, shiny fabric. There was so much stuff there. If I had to furnish a kitchen or a dorm room for longer than 3 months I would get a lot of stuff there.

After that I walked down Via Maestra and went into the travel agency to book my ticket to Bologna for Spring Break and my ticket back from Turin when I land there from Trapani. It was easy and cheaper that I thought so I was really happy! The total for both tickets was under 30 euro.

Then I kept heading down the street to the athletic clothes store. I went in and they had shoes for 39 euros that I liked but that was too much money for me to just buy them then and there. I want to go to another store that I've seen before making a choice. They also had tops and shorts but they were all under armor-y and very expensive. I want cheap mesh shorts and crappy used t-shirts but I don't think I'll find those...I want to try first, though. So it looks like this search will extend into next week since most stores are closed on both Sunday and Monday. There's a store over by the Campus Center that I want to take a look at.

After the sports store I stopped in a clothing store and saw this small brown leather purse. It's a sort of warm brown color and a great size with a shoulder strap that goes across your chest. There's a card inside that said the leather was chosen specifically to give the bag a vintage look. The leather is so soft and supple! It was 63 euros and is definitely bopping around in my head. I can't stop thinking about it. I'll probably go back and take another look at it and then maybe think some more about it.

Then I went into another store and they were having a sale and had a selection of shirts for 10 euro so I bought one. It's a nice plum color and has a low neck (I can wear a tank under it for modesty or not if I want to be a little more provocative for the club or whatever girls do) with a little rouching detail.

After that I was quite shopped out so I headed back to the apartment and did some work looking for summer internships and I wrote a cover letter for one internship whose deadline has passed but been extended until they fill all the positions. Need to get on that. I'll go to the Campus Center on Sunday and print out the application and fill it out and scan it on Monday. So that was productive! I felt good about what I'd done.

By the time I finished with my cover letter it was time for dinner and I met the group at Vin. All 9 of us ate together and Laura's friend Sabrina came down for the weekend from Turin so she was with us too. After dinner Erin, Kiki, Paul and I got gelato and then we met the rest of the group back at the boys' apartment for music and a little drinking (everyone still gags a little at the idea of drinking since Tuesday night) and stories.

Around 10 we headed back to the apartment because we have a big day tomorrow! Our train leaves at 6:53am so we have to get up early. We get into Genoa around 10am and head back around 7pm, getting back to Alba around 9pm. We don't have any formal plans for what we'll do in Genoa but a lighthouse was mentioned, as was a botanical garden. I should have lots of stories and pictures tomorrow so it should be a good entry! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment