Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day Thirty-Two.

Today was a lazy day again. We're all just taking it easy since we won't have many more free weekends.

I woke up around 8:30 and took a shower and then headed out to the market. I went through most of the whole thing and bought a scarf. I looked at a coat and drooled over it but it was 69 euro so I decided against it. Maybe if it had been $63. It was bright blue plaid with a big hood (kind of like Red Riding Hood's hood) and had a belt. Oh well. I got the scarf and that was enough. Then I went to Bosco's for groceries (mainly my Special K!) and headed back to the house to meet up with people for lunch.

We decided to go to Akash for lunch and I got a bland sandwich but whatever. Afterward we went to Vin for cappuccinos but I didn't have an extra voucher (and I don't like cappuccinos) so I just sat with them. Apparently the orange juice (blood orange) at Vin is really good so I need to try that sometime when I have an extra voucher. Maybe sometime next week.

After lunch we hung around the apartment during siesta. I read and took a nap. At 3, when IN's opened, Kate and I went and got brie and crackers for partifs for when Dan came over to make dinner. He showed up around 5:45 and we started making the torta di panne and he started making the pasta. It ended up taking a really long time to make the pasta so we didn't eat until around 8:45. the spaghetti was alright--kind of mushy but the ragu sauce was really good. The torta turned out alright but no one else really liked it. They thought it was bland. I just thought it was subtle--a slight almond flavor. But it was definitely kind of weird. We weren't really well-equipped to make it. The recipe that Dan had didn't give any instruction other than ingredient proportions and to bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes (we ended up actually needing an hour and a half so not even that part was right). Oh well.

It was pretty late after we finished dinner so we just cleaned up and then went into our rooms to watch TV on our computers or talk to people and then sleep which I'm getting ready to do now.

Tomorrow we will still probably hang out, maybe go for a walk. My foot is feeling better but now I'm still hesitant to do much walking because I don't want to agitate it before it's fully recovered. So we'll see. Most stores will be closed so no shopping tomorrow. I want to go to Duchessa for lunch and I have an application to do so there will be SOME productivity tomorrow if only a little bit. Erin and Laura get home tomorrow around 9. I don't know if we'll wait for them for dinner--I hope we don't because 9 is late!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment