Friday, February 26, 2010

Day Thirty-One.

Ahhh. It was so nice to sleep in this morning, especially since I stay up late on the days when I know I can sleep in. I got up around 9:30, pretended to sleep until 10, and then watched some Veronica Mars until lunch around 12.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day out so I didn't even need a coat--I just wore a long sweater. It was glorious. Lunch was nice since it got us out of the house and it was just the four of us (Kiki, Jordan, Kate and I). We saw Dan briefly as we were getting ready to walk back to the apartment.

After lunch Kate and I went to find gelato on Via Maestra and we went to a new place which had a really good Crema flavor that tasted sort of like Boston Creme in ice cream form. Yum. Then we sat on a bench in the sun and ate our gelato. It was nice to sit outside and enjoy the day instead of running inside for shelter from the bitter cold.

After we got back to the apartment Kate and Kiki went to the gym and I took a nap and read some until dinner time. Did laundry and a load of dishes. Read on the balcony in the sun. Those kind of things.

Around 6 we all got dressed up to go out for drinks and appetizers (forget the Italian word for them) at a little bar that Kate, Jordan and Erin went to last night with Dan and his friend. It was nice to do something "grown up" like go out for drinks and appetizers before dinner. We were dressed a little too hopefully for the darkening night, though, so we went back to the apartment to change. Kiki, Jordan and Kate bought wine at the grocery store on the way back and we all sat on the balcony watching the dusk with some music playing. It got really cold though so I kept going inside for a few minutes and coming back out. I was kind of antsy to go eat so I had a hard time enjoying sitting on the balcony but in theory I liked it. I just was hungry!

After the wine was mostly finished off (Kate drank her whole bottle...) we headed to Osteria Nuova for dinner. Kate was pretty tipsy so that added to dinner's antics culminating in a headbonk as we went to put our heads together for a picture Kiki was trying to take of the two of us. It was painful but funny. We had gnocchi al pomodoro and the pomodoro sauce was really good so I was happy. Also, for dessert they usually give us a couple (usually two) small pieces of different desserts and tonight there was one that basically tasted like chocolate cookie dough. Yum. Just a taste, though. Nothing heavy.

Tomorrow Kate and Kiki are going to the photographer's studio to finish their photos. I might try to go to the market with Jordan but I don't know. I don't really want to buy anything but it's one of the last chances we'll get to go since we'll be away for most of the other Saturdays here. But they might start putting out spring merchandise which would be nice to look through. We'll see. Then the three of them will probably go on a hike. We'll see how my foot feels. It felt a little better by dinner tonight so maybe tomorrow it will feel even better. Around 3 or 4 Dan is coming over to make dinner in our kitchen since it's so much better than his. He's going to make pasta and a torte di panne for dessert and he'll show us how/we'll help him so it should be nice. Wine, music and cooking. A laid back night with the windows open. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment