Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day Twenty-Six.

Today was low-key, like I said it would be. I woke up at 9:30, did laundry, watched TV shows illegally online until noonish, took a shower, and then headed out at 2 to do some errands.

I wanted to go turn in some vouchers, find lunch, print out an internship application and buy some new headphones (the rubbery plastic piece to my Skullcandy headphones got lost on a train...) and figured some stores would be open but apparently only restaurants are open on Sundays. So all I got done was the application, the lunch (sort of--didn't pick a good sandwich) and the voucher. I'll get headphones on Tuesday (everything is closed Mondays too...). My feet hurt a lot by the end of that errand run...

After errands I did some application and cover letter stuff online (3 of 6 internships applied for! So far I've only found 6 that I plan on applying for and some of them require considerable commutes...But it's important for me to find something in the communications field so I can start targeting my resume toward what I want to do. Around 7 I went to Duchessa to get a pizza for take out since the rest of the group went to Akash and I don't really like Akash and I was hungrier than would be satisfied there. Turns out Akash wasn't serving dinner, though, and I ended up seeing them going to sit downstairs at Duchessa while I was waiting for my pizza. They didn't invite me to sit with them but they probably figured I was going to want to eat my pizza in the apartment. Or something. I don't know. They probably didn't mean it as passive aggressively as it came off.

Then I went back to the apartment and chilled until bed. We have Cinema tomorrow and a review for our test (which is Tuesday). I bet the test is a piece of cake. These classes are really a joke. But there is at least something interesting about each of them and they all take us on a field trip so that's awesome. We have some cool things happening for our Seminar this week, too. A local photographer is coming to talk to us on Wednesday and then take us to his studio on Thursday.

My feet still hurt from yesterday but definitely got better as the day went on. Stay tuned for feet status updates! Because obviously you have nothing better to do. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment