Friday, April 9, 2010

Day Seventy-Three.

  • Blah, blah, shower, blah.
  • Went to Vin to cash in a voucher on espresso--let Laura and Erin drink it for me.
  • Religions class--finished with the Veil of Veronica.
  • For lunch I turned in more vouchers: Akash for a mini-pizza (for lunch on the train tomorrow) and Vin for gelato. Then I went to the bakery next door to Vin and bought ciabatta bread to have with jam. Sat and ate my gelato at a table with the girls who were eating outside at Vin for lunch.
  • Studied for Religions test.
  • Had Religions test--easier than I thought! I think I did well.
  • Gym.
  • Messed around on the computer.
  • Dinner at Osteria: had an awesome apple cake with crema gelato for dessert--very moist and with a hint of lemon. Yum!
  • Packed for Florence!
  • More messing around on computer.
  • Bed.
This weekend:

Tomorrow morning (7:45) we head to Florence on the train. Dan and Simone (secretary at the Campus Center) are coming with us. We have a stopover in Pisa so we're going to go see the tower and then continue on to Florence (should get in around 2:30, I think). I plan on totally ransacking Florence's leather market but I will also be sure to see Florence's many other sights like David and the generally beautiful countryside of Tuscany. I wish we had more time in Florence but it's only 25 hours.

We're staying at a hotel (girls in one room, boys in another...) with Dan and Simone and having breakfast together in the morning. Then we have a couple of hours on our own in Florence and we leave for Alba at 3:30...It's going to be a short trip but I intend to get all I can out of it.

Pictures will DEFINITELY be in store so stay tuned: entry to come on Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment