Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day Eighty-Six.

  • Watched the last film festival movie for this week (two more next week). This one was called House of Branching Love and was basically a ridiculous web of relationships. The story, in its simplest form, is about a couple who are getting a divorce but sharing the house until they can sell it but they bring in new girlfriends/boyfriends to try to drive the other one out of the house. The wife brings in an old friend she had cheated on the husband with and the husband (a little portly) brings in a prostitute to pose as his girlfriend. There's a lot more to the plot but that's the basic gist. There was much sexual activity. Also, it was a comedy so that was a nice change from the other movies. It was a very good movie, especially since the complex plot line was done well, but I felt like it was unfair to compare it to the others since they were very different viewing experiences with very different purposes. The last two films will perhaps even out the playing field.
  • Italian class--went over the tests. I got a B!
  • Lunch--pesto!
  • Stuff.
  • Italian class again--did an exercise.
  • Gym.
  • Shaved my legs!
  • Brie and crackers and yogurt with sliced banana for dinner.
  • Used my tax return to loan money to entrepreneurs via Kiva.org.
  • Erin braided my hair. It's cute.
  • Chatting.
  • Got my win percentage in Solitaire up to 42%!
  • Bed.
Update #1: Prof Stabile flew in today and we will have a meeting with him tomorrow about the schedule for the next two weeks and the class in general.

Update #2: Looks like we're doing Cinquaterra this weekend (Erin and I and maybe Kate are doing it in one day and the others are doing it in two) and going to Thessaloniki, Greece next weekend. The tickets are 110 euro and that's just to get there but I think it will be worth the money since I wanted to go to Greece originally. Africa just would have been amazing--oh well. Not sure how prepared I am for Cinquaterra in two days but I will just have to get into the mindset because it's a 5-6 hour hike and I'm doing it--putting my head down, headphones in and doing it. While looking at the beautiful surrounding, of course.

So, yep! I'll keep you updated. We should decide tomorrow when we find out about next week's schedule. Cinquaterra is definitely a go this weekend, though, and Erin and I are buying our tickets tomorrow after siesta.

No comments:

Post a Comment