Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day Ninety-One.

  • Econ.--this class feels pointless since we have no tests and the papers are all on the readings so I feel like my time would be better spent reading and writing the papers. This is the kind of mentality that college has created in me--ugh. Or maybe I just had a bad day. Usually I get involved even if it's not required--taking notes, asking questions, etc. I just feel like these three years have been a big waste of my time, like I've just become bogged down by professors' attempts at "revealing reality," pressure to essentially fabricate bullshit (literary analysis), and my fellow students' sex, gossip and party agendas. I am so finished. Only one more semester!
  • Read the last section in the second Econ. book and wrote my contribution to the group paper.
  • Lunch--ate too much bread.
  • More Econ. Zoned out.
  • Gym--spent a longer-than-normal amount of time there.
  • Very warm outside.
  • Started reading the last Econ. book.
  • Went out shopping with Erin, Kate and Laura. We went into a few of the Alba touristy stores deceivingly called enotecas which are supposed to be wine stores but end up selling all Langue (Alba's sector within the Piedmonte region) related products such as an assortment of mushrooms/truffles, chocolates, pasta and other souvenir-ish gifts. I bought one or two things as gifts. Then we did some window shopping and ended with apperativi at Vin serving as a light dinner. We sat outside and I ordered moscato (sweet dessert wine) and the girls ordered wine spritzers. The food was pretty good and it was nice to eat outside.
  • Headed back to the apartment.
  • Did more reading for Econ. Kate and I are trying to get ahead (this reading isn't due until next week) so we can write our parts of the term paper before we leave since we're busy once we get home and the paper is due the 13th.
  • Talked to people.
  • Music.
  • Random internet.
  • Blogs and webcomics.
  • Bed early--getting up early for Milan tomorrow! Will have pictures and, hopefully, stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment