Friday, April 30, 2010

Day Ninety-Three.

  • Woke up at the normal time and went to class.
  • Got out of the group meeting early and Prof Stabile can canceled the afternoon session since Kiki and Erin were gone so I went to Akash for lunch with Kate and then headed back to the apartment.
  • Caught up on internet stuff. 
  • Watched Community.
  • Read blogs and McSweeny's.
  • Kate and I headed out to the gym and, mid-journey, decided to check out a hiking path Prof Stabile told us about. We found the trail and walked it for a good while, planning to take it to the end where it looped around and came back. There was a wide stream we had to ford so we took off our shoes and, using sticks as poles to aid us, crossed the cool water. It was an adventure! Then we sloshed through mud and trekked up hills and came to the end of the trail. But where was the loop? We were confused and thought we had found it be ended up lost in the middle of someone's vineyard. Eventually we got back to the trail by side-swiping beehives, scrambling up sheer creek beds and using our generally fabulous sense of direction. Eventually, after 4 hours and approximately 6 miles of walking, we got back to the apartment.
  • Kate, Erin and Laura went out for drinks with Prof Stabile and I stayed behind because I was tired and helping a friend speed-edit their senior thesis before turning it in--what a stressful four hours! But it was worth it and I was glad I could use my editing skills to help a friend.
  • Chatting.
  • BED! So tired and so happy I get to sleep in tomorrow.
This weekend: National holiday tomorrow so many stores and, perhaps, part of the market will be closed so, though I intended to go to the market, that may not turn out to be such a big event anymore. Was also going to go hiking in the afternoon but I did that today so I guess not. Writing my Econ. paper for next week at some point. Maybe going to Turin on Sunday but it's supposed to rain (until Thursday!) so maybe not. Who knows. Studying for Italian exam as some point--final (counts for 30% of our grade) exam is Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment