Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day One-Hundred.

  • Woke up around 8 and then somehow managed to sleep until 10.
  • Got up and showered. 
  • Found a BBC documentary online called Victorian Farm and started watching it. It follows three anthropologists as they live for a year on a Victorian farm. It was really cool to see the mixture of traditional tools and new technology that was being developed and used at that time.
  • Duchessa porta via for lunch.
  • More Victorian Farm.
  • Cleaning the apartment.
  • Around 3, Kate and I went to the Campus Center to return books and print out our boarding passes. 
  • Back to the apartment.
  • Left around 6:20 to go to the tabacci to buy some last minute items and then met everyone at Akash for drinks and aperitivi. I got a Sex on the Beach, hoping it would be as good as the one I had in Florence but it wasn't. Oh well.
  • Got gelato at Sacchero before dinner at Vin.
  • Dinner at Vin--I ate light and had swordfish carpaccio and cinnamon semifreddo (like ice cream). Everyone else ordered pasta and couldn't finish it and I was pleasantly pleased after eating so many breadsticks and the aperitivi from Akash.
  • Headed back to the apartment.
  • Wireless router stopped working...no internet so everyone was BORED.
  • Kiki went to bed but the other 3 girls on the 7 o'clock flight (leaving Alba for the airport at 3:45) wanted to stay up all night so they played Egyptian Rat Screw in the kitchen.
  • Played Egyptian Rat Screw with them.
  • Went to bed!
Though I have a full day of travel ahead of me before I get home, I think I will end the blog here. Hopefully there will be nothing eventful to note during my journey home and I'd like to say my piece now:

I had quite the semester here in Italy and, though it wasn't what I had expected or hoped it to be, I did have a good experience. I did a lot of traveling, sufficiently explored Italy and saw and ate a lot of amazing things. I had my good times and my bad times and you've heard them all but please don't think it was a total bust. While I had many problems with the group, being away from my friends and family (didn't miss them as much in Alaska), and general lack of things to do, I don't think I regret coming though it is hard to tell at the moment. I think I'm glad I came because I would have always wondered what it could have been like--now I don't need to wonder.

Thank you to everyone who supported me in their own way be it money on my birthday, through comments and emails or just through reading this blog and thinking of me. I love you all and hope I have many adventures in the future to share with you--I promise I'll try to complain less! I'll be seeing everyone very soon (some sooner than others) and can't wait to be home. Only a couple of hours now!

Wish me luck in my travels!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment