Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day Five.

Hello.

Today we took it easy. We woke up late (11:30!) and headed to Akash for espresso because we intended to take the change we get from our vouchers (used lunch vouchers) to go to a pasticceria. That didn't work for some reason we still have yet to figure out and so we went to Vin Cafe for lunch. I had an eggplant quiche-type thing. It was really good and just the right amount of food.

Then we went back to the apartment and basically sat around the apartment for the rest of the day. The girls were all planning their Spring Break trip to Barcelona and beyond but I didn't because I plan on going to Greece with Joanna. I might end up going with the girls to Barcelona and then going from Barcelona to Greece and meet Joanna there. Yet to be determined.

Anyway, we hung out, took showers, etc. I updated my resume and read a little. I wanted to do my laundry (the washer is small so I figured I'd do my laundry every week and keep the loads small) but I didn't have detergent and the grocery stores were all closed. Oh well!

Around 7 we went over to the boys' place again and hung out there as they made their Spring Break plans to coordinate with ours. Then we headed to Locanda del L'occa, our last restaurant in the meal plan. It was a complicated procedure to order but we eventually figured it out. I had a cheese crepe and penne pasta. It was pretty good. I've had to adjust my food rating scale to coincide with the notable rise in average meal quality. That's why my descriptions of how good the food is have become less enthusiastic--it's all so good that I can't rave wildly about each meal! That would destroy the use of the enthusiasm!

After dinner we went to a gelatoria near the restaurant and got some gelato. It was almost a mistake because it's so cold out that I felt like I'd never be able to regain the use of my fingers again after eating and holding the cold gelato. However, since the gelato was delicious, it was NOT a mistake to get it.

Then we headed back to the apartment and we intend on watching a movie (10 Things I Hate About You which, oddly enough, I apparently haven't seen?) and going to bed. Tomorrow we don't have much to do but we do need to meet Dan at the Campus Center before noon to get next week's meal vouchers from him. At 2 we're going on a bus tour of the surrounding country and nearby towns and won't be back until 6. I should have some awesome pictures for everyone tomorrow! Not sure what we're doing about dinner.

Stay tuned for beautiful pictures of the Italian countryside!

Update: I feel nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment